A few steps from the hotel you can reach the main streets of the centre: Via del Prione, Corso Cavour, Via Chiodo, Piazza Verdi for shopping and you will find many places where you can taste the typical dishes of the Ligurian tradition and not only.
The main tourist attractions of La Spezia are:
- The medieval Castle of San Giorgio is one of the city's major landmarks: it was probably originally a tower, built by Niccolò Fieschi in 1262..
- The Ubaldo Formentini Castle Museum has served since 1873 as an archaeological museum and art gallery and houses a fine collection of Roman and pre-Roman artefacts, including some from the Bronze and Iron Ages.
- The Museum of the Seal (in Via del Prione) consisting of a large private collection of seals, probably the largest in the world.
- The nearby Museo Civico Amedeo Lia is housed in a former monastery and contains another remarkable art collection including works by Titian and Bellini.
- The CAMeC (Centre for Modern and Contemporary Art), opened in 2004 in Piazza C. Battisti, in the heart of the city.
- The Naval Museum is one of the city's main attractions and is considered to be the largest naval museum in Italy.
- La Spezia's 15th-century cathedral was rebuilt in 1945 and is dedicated to Christ the Redeemer.
- The Abbey Church of Santa Maria Assunta deserves a closer look: its architecture is characteristic and dates back to the 13th century.